Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Wk 58 - Aloha!!! :)

Area: La Castellana
Companion: Sister Dequina
Hiked to a waterfall last week!






Family!!! :)

This week has been okay. Just a little not as high as I want to be, but I know I will get back up there as I work harder and harder and become better and better :) I love this work I really do!!

So, this saturday which is amazing!! Sister Regina and her son, Von will be baptized!! I am so excited for them!! I am excited to be able to see them have the gate opened for them so they will be able to enter in the kingdom of God! She is incredible!! She comes to church goes to activities with the Relief Society and they all invite her and love her :) They are all helping her out as well!! It's really amazing!!

Little miracles that have happened this week. Miracles that happen are really just when you have a feeling, oh talk to this person and you do. This happened quite a few times this past week. One was a group of kids that we went back to them for the second time yesterday and they are so amazing!! We had a good lesson with them about the restoration. I know for a fact it was led by the spirit.

Another one was we were walking back from the group of kids about to head to our next appointment then we saw a member walking and he said he'd come with us because it was close but he said lets just stop at Villanueva's house for a second (another member) anyways we started walking to thier house and there was a sister standing at her door and she had a big smile on her face and it was next to the members house and we talked to her for a minute and she said we could come back in a second and sing to her (our member already went into the other members house) and we wanted the member with us, so we said we would come back in just a few minutes. We went to the members house and inside there was the mom of sister Villanueva. She's not a member and we started talking to her and they were joking about baptizing her tomorrow we prayed and sang to her and she said we could come back and visit so we scheduled an appointment with her then we got Sister Villanueva to come out with us and talk to the sister that was smiling at the door and she goes, this is my sister. haha I was like really?? It was pretty small world and so cool, but we sang and she also agreed to have us come back. It was pretty cool to just have those little miracles happen to us!! I am so excited to see what happens with them :) But their mom said she would come with Sister Villanueva to church!! :)

This week has been a roller coaster but when i say miracles, those are just a couple that all happened in the past two days. Miracles really do happen if you just believe they will. I know that for a fact and especially if you pray for them and keep going. They really do happen.

I am so grateful for all of you. I have letters that I've had for the past week sitting in La Castellana, that I will get sent as soon as possible!! Know I love you and am so happy to have a family like you!! You're amazing!! Keep it up and remember how happy knowing about this gospel makes us!!

Love, Sister Smoot
Our big pizza :)



P.S. Oh!! Also, I forgot MLC!!! WAS AMAZING!! We had Elder Ardern there and we talked about what happened in our mission and it really was an honor. It was an amazing experience to be in his presence. Also the trainings that were given were also amazing!! The spirit was there so strong! I loved it so much!! AH!! I wish I could explain!! But one thing that was pointed out this is for Jade and all missionaries and future missionaries and also for any member because all members are missionaries is in PMG page 10-11 of how we can know if we are a successful missionary. Those bullet points are amazing things to study and read!! It was also pointed out about teach and serve other missionaries, that the most important person to serve is your companion. We can also take this into our life. The most important person you can serve is your spouse or family members. I am so grateful for this chance that I have to be able to prepare for my future better through being a missionary. It's all so important to learn how to deal with different situations and know that God loves each and every one of us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment