Monday, May 12, 2014

Wk 59 - HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MOM!!! :)

Area: La Castellana
Companion: Sister Dequina
This is cacow!! :) i don't know how to spell it but that's how you say it :)
they make chocolate our of the seeds somehow.
(I found this on Wiki: )
Theobroma cacao also cacao tree and cocoa tree, is a small evergreen tree in the family Malvaceae, native to the deep tropical regions of Central and South America. Its seeds, cocoa beans, are used to make cocoa mass, cocoa powder, and chocolate. 

LOOK WHO I SAW THIS PAST WEEK!!! I DID STAY AT HER HOUSE :)
(Sister Smoot and Sister Smoot-
Cousins in the same mission! Haven't seen each other since last August!)

"we showed up at her house i gave her a hug and cried then we went to sleep we got up talked a bit about tanner (Jenna's brother is getting married this month)and what not and how it's crazy then she said see you in six months if we don't see each other again here. haha that's the details. :)"
Regina and Von's Baptism :)



First of all, Happy Mothers day Mom!! I am so grateful for you and your example in fulling your calling here on earth as the best mother ever!! I always wanted to be like you!!! Always there for their kids no matter what and the best friend we always go to. :) 

So this week has been wonderful!! So training was amazing!! We talked about having faith in Jesus Christ and that's what you have to have faith in, nothing else. Having faith in someone means you have faith in Jesus Christ that he will help them :) It's a cool concept! I never realized it before!! But I enjoyed it a lot!! We have faith in Jesus Christ that our companion can help us. We have faith in Jesus Christ that Jade can serve an amazing mission and he will be okay because of our faith in Jesus Christ. Doubt and fear are opposed to faith! :) I love Preach my Gospel! AH!!

We also talked about making goals for our life, AH! I was trying to push all the thoughts away about what I will do after my mission but now I am starting to think about it because I feel like I need more goals then just get married in the temple. But we were encouraged to pick careers that will let us live the gospel to it's fullest so that's a goal!! I've also thought a lot about being a RN. I would just ask a favor, if you could look up maybe what's the best way to do that and I am still trying to figure out if it's right for me. Anyways, that's my intake on our training. They said our first goal, temple marriage, second school and third work. Then we also talked about, with Sister Lopez and the sisters about becoming a mom and how that's our first thing to be. So anyways that's my thoughts a little scrambled.

Anyways, then that night I got to sleep at Ashley's apartment!!! :) (the other sister smoot is what we are both called) haha and it was SO GOOD TO SEE HER!! We just slept there and we talked a little and took a picture. She also said okay, see you in six months if we don't see each other again here. :( I don't know what will happen but it's true!! We finally saw each other after like 8 months :) What a tender mercy from God!! :)

Then, We we had Liahona Service Project where they measured kids to see if they were malnourished. It was a really cool and incredible experience!! There was also a brother there from Lindon!! I feel so bad I didn't get a picture and can't remember his name but he looked so familiar. He told me his name and that I probably know his brother, but now i really can't remember. I just don't know. But cool experience to be involved in. :)

Then Friday morning!! We had Regina's baptism and it was amazing!! She was baptized the day before the date we gave her from the beginning!! It was so amazing!! The most ready person I have ever met!! Her testimony was also amazing! Her life is so crazy and where she is now is so she can be closer to God. :) I love this work!! AH!!! She's amazing!! :)

So that's my week and so my questions...
1. My camera battery dies really fast... what should i do to fix that?? 
2. Also I was just curious if you could send some hymns that are cool to me so i can put them on a flash drive and listen to them :) If you get a minute and have some. Anyways just an idea :) 
3. Ask Talia if i should worry about my hair it's really small and falls out but it may just be best to wait, but just ask her (but i do want to take those vitamins that helps your hair grow at least after my mission if possible)

Anyways, just a couple I don't want to be a stress but just question!! and about the RN if you have a minute in your busy lives!! I love you all!! Happy Mothers Day mom!! Talk to you in a minute!! :)

Love, Sister Smoot

No comments:

Post a Comment