Monday, December 2, 2013

Wk 36- It's DECEMBER!!!


Sister Nielsen (MTC comp),
Sister Hogge- (came from Tacloban; knew her in the MTC)

Heading to La Carlote to Sister Lisaca's home




Sister Lisaca's family




twinners!


Thank you so much for all the pictures and everything!! I'm not going to lie, it's been a little bit of a rough week. I didn't get to bed at exactly 10 30 every night so I've been a little tired. Even 10 minutes does a lot! let me tell you!! It's also very critical to be getting out and using all your time wisely. I haven't been a leader in being on time, I was always a follower here on the mission so far. Now it's my turn to set that example and that's something I've realized. I think after having a companion that got a little homesick, it made me a little homesick, so I started slacking as a missionary. DON'T DO THIS. I learned the hard way. 

Put your whole heart into your mission! It goes too fast to think about home. This is something I realized, but God is always there for you and is so merciful in everything you do! We do have blessings though still... Ernesto is still coming to church! I need to follow up with him, I think he's struggling a little with word of wisdom, but he feels a lot better! We just need to keep encouraging him!! And pray our hardest and everything! It's kind of sad to see how your investigators kind of struggle because of your rough week. I don't like seeing it. It's something I am learning a lot from. But Heavenly Father still helped Ernesto to Church, even if it was Stake Conference at a further location! He is doing awesome though!! We also had Bhea at church! The daughter of a less active that i told you about who we were led to. We went to teach her Saturday about the Book of Mormon and she already had it downloaded on her tablet. She is amazing and is only 11 years old!! She is amazing! 

I can not tell you that even when your whole self isn't here, you still get blessed. I am excited to repent and return back to the way I was before, and just get better from there on out! I'm excited to put my life in the Lords hands and be his servant! Time goes too fast to let anything be wasted!! I love this work, there is nothing greater! It's my favorite thing ever!! 

The Lord also has tender mercies. I had a unique chance of going to La Carlota with Sister Lisaca yesterday to get her more clothes, because her mission is extended here in Bacolod, not with me, she will transfer tomorrow with a different companion until January transfer. She has truly been an incredible companion! I have learned so much from her how to love and serve and be patient na gid!! I love her so much!! But we went to her home and I met her family and saw her house and everything and met her friends! She lives in a Branch where elders are assigned. It was really cool to be able to share with them about Jesus Christ and how he has atoned for our sins and trials and everything! We can overcome anything hard through him!! I love my companion and so happy we were able to be companions for this past month! She is incredible and the companion I needed gid this past month. :) 

Thank you for everything you do for me! I am happy to be here as a missionary and happy to be able to repent daily! I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and for everything he has done for us!! I am happy I can continue to become more like him. Be humble, be loving and just be the missionary that God wants me to be. Thank you for your support!! I am excited for this week and for the new adventure it brings, even though I am sad to leave Sister Lisaca, it will be a new growing experience. :) 

I love you all!! Thank you for your support and help and strength!! :)

Love, Sister Smoot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment