Sunday, July 20, 2014

Wk 69 - Another week of the BEST WORK EVER!! :)

Area: Gardenville (Tangub ward)
Companion: Sister Herrera
zone training!! :) this is our zone
The Sister Smoots!
my beautiful companion!! :)
it wasn't carved! It looked like the yellowish part of the apple but somehow they made a picture on it!! I don't know!! It was just in a pack of 6 apples i bought i bought it because of that :) haha i thought it was cool!! 

this is the front room of our house at different angles.
I went to keep taking pictures but my camera died and i am not sure where my camera charger is..
I need to look for it :) I'm pretty sure I have it somewhere :) 

Family!!

This week has been good!! A little up and down and I'm sorry I don't have a ton of time, but I just want to tell you a few things that are good. 

We have a couple referrals from a couple of our recent converts that are starting to progress :) It really is true when  they have someone so close that actually referred them to the missionaries, They actually seem to want it more and be a little more interested. I love it so much!! Hopefully next week they come to church with them :) 

Then yesterday the other sisters had a baptism (cute and funny story). We went through the whole program and at the end they announce the closing song and closing prayer,  we sing and then the sister (who is an older lady) goes up to give the closing prayer and we all close our eyes and we hear "maayong aga brothers and sisters" which means good morning brothers and sisters then she starts baring her testimony and crying of how she remembers her baptism. Then Bishop kind of stopped her after a minute and said can you pray for us? It was kind of funny but so cute!! She was so full of the spirit she wanted to testify also of what she was feeling :) She was, i believe, the aunt of the brother who just returned from being less active last month, received the priesthood last week and baptized his wife and two children. It was so incredible to see! I love it :) 

We also sang at the baptism, us 4 missionaries and in sacrament. It was kind of a cool experience. We sang a childs prayer at the baptism and then love at home in sacrament meeting. We sang the last verse of love at home in ilonggo as well. I love the hymns in Ilonggo they are cool. :) 

Anyways, the work is still going and I love seeing people change their lives for the better! Especially Robert who is in Iloilo and was worried about missing church but He is incredible and still doing wonderful :) They also went to church in Iloilo :)

Well I love you family so much!! Keep up the amazing work!!  :) I love you all!! Keep being amazing!! :) This work is real and the church is true!! and as the Filipinos would say, I know the book is blue :) But for me, I know the Book of Mormon is true!! :) It helps me everyday!! The Atonement is so real and true as well!! I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. :) Have a wonderful week!! :)

Love, Sister Smoot

at our family home evening. this is the rat the cat killed :) 
 it was kind of big and it wasn't dead yet it was still breathing and trying to stay alive a little wiggly ;) haha you didn't think i would?? haha before but that rat was kind of big you can't really tell in the picture but it was bigger... and it wasn't even bad!!!
and the cute family singing for our opening hymn :)
yeah... one of my glasses broke a few weeks ago... oops! i decided to try to wear them again

We did dishes in buckets because we didn't have much water coming out of our sink :)
yes- same bucket we do laundry in! 

 this is a Guava!! yes i did my make up on Sunday! haha proud of me? :) and it tasted kind of like bubble gum?? i don't know it was a different fruit haha but good!! 
 it was good :) i know i opened it and i was like is this okay to eat? and she was like yeah! that's how it looks! and I was like okay! and yeah it was good i told you it tasted different because i wasn't expecting something like bubble gum it's like chewy like bubble gum and has that kind of a flavor... 

No comments:

Post a Comment