Monday, October 28, 2013

Wk 31: Training again!! :)

Area: Bata
Companion: Sister Siervo
Trainers and new arrivals

New companion: Sister Siervo (share-vo)

Baptism of Julia & Jizalyn



This week has been pretty good. It's been a roller coaster and some changes, but it will be good. :)

Last monday we got a call at about 5 o'clock and told that sister neis will transfer and that i will be staying and training. So she kind of started packing and we cried too that night. We tried going to FHE and a dinner apt. But they could tell that we were crying... so it wasn't a secret anymore. 

Anyways tuesday we went to district meeting then took sister neis to galo to meet her new companion. I also to get my companion just for a couple days. I ended up with sister madrid who is from my batch and is a Filipino. We had to go get rice and good thing or I wouldn't have had it for my new companion... But i had a good time with sister madrid until thursday morning. (the one day i actually went out before 1 o'clock for proselyting!! wow!! We taught like 10 lessons!! it was cool! We worked really well together. :) 

Thursday morning we went and met our new companion! President told us if we get a Philippine companion we need to help them learn english the best we can! I never thought i would be doing this but sure enough i got a Filipino companion :) She's super cute!! Quiet because she doesn't know much english or ilonggo, only tagalog, but we are getting there :) I love her to death and am excited to serve her. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have definitely helped me with a different view of things. It's something maybe normally i would get frustrated and i do a little bit still, but It's all ok and makes it better if you just pray and let Heavenly Father help you. It's an incredible experience and opportunity I have to be able to train another brand new missionary in the field! I love helping people, but every person is different, that's for sure. :)

Anyways, it's been a little bit of a quiet few days but it's been good :) We've had some good lessons too. We went to a less active who was the sister of Paulette (the one who reminds me of jessie), her name is Paulin, She's super cute!! Sister Siervo just shared a scripture and i bore my testimony. I said i love my savior in ilonggo and it just hit me. I started crying and it was incredible how it hit me. I can't explain the feeling, but I do love my savior and am so grateful for what he did for us and for the many things he helps us through. Also Amy, last night who's baptism is on the 9th, started crying at the end of our lesson and thanked us a lot, then she started crying even more when we prayed and thanked heavenly father for us. It was incredible how the spirit was there so strong and how it truly does help people. We are just the instruments. I love seeing someone new to the field bare their testimony. I love learning their favorite scriptures. I love being a missionary, and even though its hard, I love being with a different companion every once in a while to learn from them also, new things. :)

Thank you for all of your support and prayers!! I am so incredibly thankful for this experience and for this opportunity to become closer to my savior and be a lot more grateful for what I have. Never be scared to share the gospel!! It's our job to share the gospel as members of the church. :) I love you all!! Thank you for being in my life and being the family I love!! :)

Love, Sister Smoot




the type of bridges we cross



No comments:

Post a Comment