Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Wk 64 - HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD!! :)

Area: La Castellana
Companion: Sister Dequina

Hello family!!
Sorry I am a little in shock and tears right now hearing about Michalla. I can't believe the cancer came back and she went so fast. I have heard a little from her. I am just glad she can serve her mission on the other side and I can have her help here as well. She is an incredible girl. I love her so much. She will do amazing work on the other side! I actually have been trying to follow the spirit a lot this week as I pray because it's something I am training on today and she is someone that popped into my head to pray for. I love her so much. Miss her and Love her and can't wait to see her again in the next life.
Michalla is next to Jenna- she was diagnosed with Leukemia after graduation in 2012-
She was going great and received her mission call to go to Knoxville, Tennessee- in January-
3 days before her farewell- she relapsed- and instead went on a different mission.
Jenna sure loved Michalla and thought the world of her!

Dad!! on another note, Happy Fathers Day!! I absolutely love you so much!! I am so grateful you are my dad and you have raised such a wonderful family. You married a wonderful girl to be our mother and you are just the perfect dad for me. I wish I could express my gratitude for how grateful I am for you in my life. For you love, guidance and direction. Thank you for everything dad!
I had a good week, I will say I am having a little bit of a hard time but it's not something I can't overcome with the Atonement. I am so grateful for the atonement and how much it really does help each and everyone of us.
This week has been good. We had some rough days and some good days. It kind of was the extremes of good and bad days. Maybe one or two normal days. Kinda funny no? But so awesome!! The past two days have been wonderful though!! We have met our goals or almost met them, but taught quite a few people. I see the work starting to come in our area. We are trying to follow the spirit a lot this week. It's been a challenge but a wonderful experience. I am having a hard time of thinking of specifics right now but it has been a good week.
I absolutely love you family and I am so grateful for the plan of Salvation that we have to be able to see people as well as be with each other forever. Thank you for raising me and our family in the true church Dad and Mom. I am so grateful for that!! I love you all!! I hope you have a wonderful week!

Love, Sister Smoot
PS sorry i'm trying to send pictures but it won't read that my card is plugged in... we'll double check again.

No comments:

Post a Comment