Monday, August 5, 2013

Wk 19- I'm TRAINING!!! AH!!!

Area: Bata
Companion: Sister Neis
The 29 new arrivals and their trainers!
 Sister Neis & Sister Smoot
 First Sunday at the Bata ward with 
Sister & President Lopez, Elder Wilstead, Elder Rillorta (zone leaders) 

Here's my week... haha it's been major (kind of) long... :)

So... Monday was a normal day, knew it was transfer week, but we kinda thought I would be staying where I was and Sister Sanders would go somewhere else, but we kept trying not to expect anything (but it's just human to). but anyways, monday night we got called and told that "sister smoot" was transfering after district meeting on tuesday morning. So, I packed up my stuff and cried and at this point I just thought ok i'll just get another senior companion, I LOVE sister sanders but i'm going to love my next companion too! :) haha so it was an emotion exciting weird thing.

Tuesday, I got a ride from Elder and Sister Anderson to the church so i wouldn't have to load my luggage on and off a jeepney, haha then we got to the church and were there a little early, then the other missionaries showed up! Elder Dy (AP) had called us the night before then Elder Mifflin (AP) asked me, did elder dy tell you if you were training?? I kinda laughed and I was like haha no. Then he said oh, well you are. I was shocked I was getting transfered somewhere else and training. Then I found out that they were just splitting the area so it was a new area. Yes, I was overwhelmed and I still am, but what do you do? Heavenly Father has his hand in this work and he put us there so we can do it! Amit amit we will get there :) (little by little) 

So tuesday until thursday I went to Talisay and worked with Sister Enman! She's super cute and happy and is also training right now. I really enjoyed learning from her and going around teaching by the spirit (still kind of in shock, but doing my best). 

Thursday morning, we went to the church and had training, got introduced to our new companions, took pictures, and Elder Anderson took us to our new house (which is a brand new house and has all the supplies from my first house we moved out of haha) and we went and split our area book and unpacked and went to the store. Then the day was gone! 

Friday, we worked with our ward mission leader and the elders who showed us around our area and we met some less actives, recent converts and the couple investigators they had in our new area. Then we had a dinner apt with Brother Wycoco, who lives in camilla homes also, just down the street from us! We have one scheduled every friday night with him. :) He's super nice! He is also the one that caters when all the missionaries get together. Thursday morning he catered a breakfast for all the trainers. :) Super delicious and very nice of him to feed us dinner. :) 

Saturday, we were on our own :) haha We went and visited a few people that we met the day before, and opened our mouths and gave out pamphlets. It was a little bit of a rough day, where I don't understand completely but I understand enough. It is crazy to think that just yesterday I was depending on someone else and now i'm the one for sister Neis to depend on. Oh so sister neis :) (sister nice is how you say it) She's from canada and is super sweet! Kinda tall, but super cute :) I'm happy I get to help her adapt to the Philippines! 

Sunday, we had a meeting with our bishop at 8, then had church at 9. And when we were shaking people's hands who were going into sacrament meeting for the last hour, President and Sister Lopez was there. We also had 2 investigators at church. One it was his first and the other it was his second. It's incredible seeing people that I just met let the gospel in their life and the people here are so welcoming! Sunday afternoon, we had a YW president who's 20 years old and one of her councilors who's 19, our ward mission leader joined us later, and we ended up with also two young women, I think mia maid president and secretary, who joined us and worked with us. It was a little bit of a large group, but I was grateful for their help. :) They also showed us some less active young women. 

Let me just say it's been a long eventful week. :) hahaha 

mom's questions:

transfers... haha yes i did freak out little bit and it's crazy at what we are doing right now haha :) 

it's a very good safe area it has guards all around to get into the complex of houses. We also have a lot of construction right by our house. haha one morning we opened the door to dump out the dirt from our floor in our dirt yard and we had construction workers sitting right outside of our door on our little square front concrete porch. :) haha it was funny! we have to take a tricycle and a jeepney but we just go to robbinsons. it's not too bad or too far. :) just about the same as before. 

yes i have flushing toilet in our apartment, i think most the missionaries have nice apartments. at least the sisters, but it's cute! it has just the main floor with one bathroom and then upstairs we have 2 rooms our study room and our bedroom. :) it's nice here! I like it a lot :) 

Yes :) I saw lacey! She seemed a little overwhelmed but she just came to the Philippines. :) It's normal :) haha but she's in our zone, so i'll see her on wednesday. :)

Yes, Ashley was there when i was told i was becoming a trainer. she smiled and gave me some encouraging words and gave me a good side hug inside. :) I love her :) I love having her here too! and now I have lacey too!! :) I'm so loved mom! :):)

yes the Zone Leaders are in my ward :) we took part of their area. :) 

dad's questions:

1. lacey is in my zone, i don't think she's in my district... but we'll see. 
2. I wondered why my language clicked last week and i was understanding better, it's not perfect, but we can do what we need to :) it will get better :)
3. my health is good :)  i feel lots better :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment